Suttons Bay Public Schools is hiring a Varsity Softball Coach to lead our girls team for the 2023-24 school year. There are team open gyms and other opportunities that happen prior to the season, so we would like to fill this position right away. Experience coaching is preferred, although those who have played the game will also be considered.
- Experience coaching softball preferred.
- Experience working with high school age kids.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Instruct the team on game strategies, techniques and skill building.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and sportsmanship.
- Responsible alongside the Athletic Director for all matters relating to the organization, administration and philosophy of the sport.
- Adheres to the MHSAA Coaches Guidebook and Suttons Bay Coaches Handbook.
- Acts as a positive role model on and off the court/field/site, etc.
- Engages with local and community programs related to the sport.
- Maintains competency in MHSAA rules, event procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Communicates effectively with the Athletic Department regarding scheduling, budget, injuries, etc.
- Communicates effectively with Suttons Bay Athletic Boosters in support of their program.
- Communicates effectively with parents and the community regarding all aspects of the program.