Kalamazoo Hackett Catholic Prep High School has an immediate opening for Head Coach of the softball program. Hackett Catholic Prep (HCP) is a proud member of the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) and competes in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SAC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a positive role model on and off the court/field/site, etc..
- Communicate effectively with players and families, as well as the Athletic Director and Hackett Athletic Boosters.
- Supervise all matters related to the softball program, including the recruitment and retainment of assistant and sub-varsity coaches.
- Govern player conduct and follow established rules.
- Provide adequate supervision of events/practices until all athletes have left the facilities.
- Oversee development of players throughout the program.
- Establish offseason conditioning sessions.
- Organize and run a youth camp in June/July.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics:
- Previous successful coaching experience.
- Experience working with high school students.
- Knowledge of the rules and fundamental techniques of softball.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop a program that represents the school and community with class and dignity.
- A commitment to provide student-athletes with a positive experience.
- Flexible time commitment.