- Responsible for recruitment, administration, supervision, mentoring and evaluation of high school football staff.
- Directly responsible for all assigned sport activities.
- Will demonstrate leadership with all levels of the athletic program while lending guidance to the youth program.
- The head coach is to assist the Athletic Director in maintaining and caring for the athletic facilities and to aid in preparation of the facilities for contests when necessary.
- Perform or delegate all the related administrative duties associated with the program.
- Responsible for team selection and team discipline.
- Responsible for planning practices and game strategy.
Responsible for assisting the Athletic Director in the purchase of equipment from responsible companies and following school purchasing procedure.
- Responsible for managing and operating within budget parameters and assisting in fundraising efforts to benefit the program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s degree required with; a minimum of 5 years coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level or similar experience for high school coaching.
- All coaches must meet the requirements for Rules 7-1.4 of the IHSAA handbook regarding coaching certification for coaches (may be obtained after being hired)