- Knowledge of athletic events / scheduling.
- Understanding of OSAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work well with high school students.
- Ability to work with parents, Booster Club and fundraising events.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Mini bus / van driving clearance and valid driver's license.
- NFHS certified.
- Must complete a fingerprint-based Criminal History Background Check.
- Assist swimming teams in making decisions, planning events, and implementing plans.
- Ensure athlete safety, inclusing prevention of bullying, harassment, and hazing.
- Arrange for and attend all swimming team competitions in preparation for state competition.
- Be a positive role model.
- Coordinate a practice schedule for the entire season.
- Prepare and submit yearly budget and order necessary equipment.
- Be able to run swimming camp, supervise and assist team camps.
- Supervise actual fund raising activities before and during the school year.
- Organize appropriate awards for end of the year ceremony.
- Complete necessary paperwork for inventory, budgeting, records, etc.
Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination because of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, national origin or the presence of a non-job related handicap.