Marymount seeks to hire an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as the Girls Head Varsity Tennis Coach. The ideal candidate must be able to improve the performance of student athletes through motivation, technical instruction, game strategies and techniques in order to prepare them for competition. In addition to helping the athletes develop an appreciation for the sport.
Duties & Requirements:
- Provides leadership, supervision and organization for the Tennis Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marymount Athletic Department Philosophy.
- Develops an organized practice schedule to provide individual and team instruction.
- Oversees the Junior Varsity team and program to align with the goals of the program.
- Educates the players regarding game rules, regulations and equipment care.
- Accompanies the team to all scheduled games.
- Assesses and determines the need for individual and team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and provides appropriate supervision of athletes at all times.
- Helps and encourages athletes to maintain high academic standards.
- A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Athletic administrators, other coaches, parents and students.