Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following and upholding the policies and mission statement of Notre Dame Academy and communicating the vision of the Notre Dame Academy program to athletes and parents
- Oversee the development of all levels of the tennis program
- Instructing and demonstrating skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Coordinating parent meetings, tryouts, daily practice planning, game management, off season programming and community engagement
- Work closely with the Athletic Director to ensure all school policies/procedures are being followed as it relates to athletic programs (eligibility, parent meetings, registrations, tryouts, scheduling, equipment inventory/collection, off season training programs etc.)
- Work directly with athletic trainers and the Athletic Director in reporting injuries, teaching precautions and procedures to ensure staff/student safety and help students prevent injuries.
- Create a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- High school level (or higher) coaching experience preferred.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Certification (obtained within first two years of coaching).
- First Aid / CPR / AED certification.
- Completion of the NFHS Concussion in Sports Course.
- Must be available afternoons and evenings during the season.
- Understanding of MIAA regulations and expectations.
Notre Dame Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.