The varsity Track & Field coach will work under the supervision of the Head Coach and the Athletic Director at St. Catherine of Siena Academy.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with the Head Coach and other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach and establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Help and assist the Head Coach monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extra-curricular participation.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Cutting edge knowledge and previous Track & Field coaching experience is preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certified or ability to obtain.
- Previous playing and or coaching experience.