The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the volleyball program. The coach must demonstrate strong leadership in player and staff development, sportsmanship, integrity and character development. Qualified candidates should possess strong communication and organizational skills. They must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the skills and strategies of the sport of volleyball as it pertains to interscholastic athletics.
- Fulfill all CPR and MHSAA certification requirements.
- Select, instruct, and coach the team through the season at practices and contests.
- Oversee the development of players at the freshman and junior varsity levels.
- Establish a Summer Camp and Summer Strength and Conditioning schedule.
- Create a positive learning experience for all members of the team.
- Maintain all records, statistics, and awards information.
- Maintain ongoing communication with players, parents, and media.
- Organize and run youth program.
- Possess a great love of the sport and high interest in helping individuals reach their highest potential.
- Good role model for student-athletes.
- Current knowledge of rules, fundamentals, teamwork and the ability to relate to and teach teenage students.
- Strong commitment to building a successful program for student-athletes.
- Evidence of successful coaching experience at the varsity level preferred.
- Evidence of expertise in teaching the fundamentals of individual skills and team play.
- Evidence of the ability to develop a successful program.
- Strong interpersonal skills.