The Assistant coach acts under the direction of the Head Coach. He/She is also responsible for oversight of the soccer program and administering the sport in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of the Bedford County Public School Division and Liberty High School Athletic Department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the soccer program.
- Assist in or organize and coordinate all team functions, including practices, competitive schedules, travel, and fundraising.
- Supervise student athletes when traveling.
- Successfully recruit student athletes for soccer.
- Manage and document student athletes’ academic and athletic progress.
- Provide advising support functions, including following up on academic at-risk reports.
- Develop conditioning and practice programs to ensure student athletes are appropriately prepared and adhere to all safety protocols and directives from training staff and other medical providers.
- Create and maintain a safe, inclusive, productive and effective team environment on and off the playing field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in a rapid growth environment.
- Communication – effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement - able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
- Customer Service – ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions from athletes, faculty, parents and community.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.