Prior HS coaching experience AND all VPA/NFHS required courses in CPR/AED, Concussion, Coaching Fundamentals, and Sports First Aid (courses will be reimbursed by school upon successful completion).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with student athletes to improve personal and teamwork skills.
- Provide guidance and encouragement to help students profit from their participation.
- Comply with all VPA regulations.
- Keep an accurate, updated inventory of all equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and file necessary reports in a timely fashion.
- Help insure that all athletes receive appropriate instruction, support, and opportunities to participants.
- Report any changes in schedules or times of practice to the Athletic Director.
- Teach athletes good citizenship, proper behavior at practices, games, and other appropriate times, as well as good sportsmanship.
- Supervise team members at practices and events attended either as a team or as individual participants.
- At least 5 year(s) of relevant experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.