This part time, 6 month - with benefits staff position, under the supervision of the Athletics Director, will be responsible for many aspects of the Columbia College Varsity Volleyball Team, and JV Volleyball Team, while following the mission and vision of Columbia College, the Appalachian Athletic Conference, and the NAIA.
Essential Job Functions:
- A commitment to promoting and integrating academics and athletics achievement in a competitive and successful environment.
- Help with Recruitment of competitive and eligible student-athletes.
- Provide highly competent coaching to enable the success and growth of each athlete.
- Maintain proper discipline at practices and competitions in a non-abusive manner.
- Represent Columbia College and the Athletic Department at all times at a high level and as a good example to yourself, your team and others.
- Dress appropriately for office, practice, and team competitions in proper Columbia College apparel as needed.
- Teach and maintain a healthy team environment that includes the NAIA Champions of Character 5 Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Sportsmanship, and Servant Leadership.
- Must pass a background check.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Must possibly work early mornings, nights, weekends, and travel as needed.
- May have to move or lift awkward or heavy objects.
- Must be willing and able to safely drive 15 passenger vehicles.
- Must work well with others in a team setting, be willing to take on extra duties as assigned, and choose to be a great communicator.
- Be willing to offer excellent customer service to recruits, students, staff, faculty, parents, fans, and donors.