Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, accompany and supervise the team to and from all events including practices and competitions.
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching an athletic team.
- Assist the Director of Activities with hiring, development and evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Work with Director of Activities on specific budget requests and spending as well as fund raising as needed.
- Plan and implement both in-season and out-of-season conditioning and weight programs with the Pagel Center Staff.
- Coordinate practice and game schedules with the Student Activities Office, Activities Coordinator or other coaches.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establish and manage activity penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- Understanding of and agreement with the Minnetonka Public School District's Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coaches/Advisors Handbook.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Minnetonka Public School Board Policies regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Evidence of the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, parents, community members and students.
- Ability to receive work direction.