- Successful Ohio BCI and FBI background check.
- Hold or attain a valid State of Ohio Pupil Activity Permit and meet other required certifications (i.e. CPR, AED).
- Possess integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
- Be a role model who utilizes positive and respectful coaching strategies.
- Knowledge and expertise in volleyball.
- Committed to the development of the program.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on academic and athletic excellence for all students.
- Have excellent communication skills with student-athletes, coaches, parents and administration.
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of the volleyball program and team.
- Promote an appreciation of physical fitness, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Assist head coach in the designing of a training program and game program.
- Organize and supervise the coaching staff to assure that the program is properly implemented.
- Ensure that all athletic activities conform to OHSAA guidelines.
- Work effectively with head coach with booster clubs and other community organizations to generate additional monies for the program.
- Responsible for assisting the Athletic Director with game schedules, practice schedules and transportation.
- Implement and enforce the head coach’s team rules/expectations and communicate them to players and their families.