- Promotes by example. Loyalty, leadership, dedication, integrity, physical fitness, sportsmanship, cooperation and personal responsibility.
- Focus on building a culture aligned with core values for a strong sports program in the highly competitive Merrimack Valley Conference.
- Implements codes of conduct for coaches, players, and parents of the HHS team.
- Ability to work the expected hours to include arriving prior to the student athlete arrival and departure times.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of game and competition rules and has the ability to educate student-athletes to share in that understanding, including the rules of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice sessions.
- Ensure the proper cleaning, storage and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms are adhered to in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
- Travels with student-athletes on the team bus both to and from games.
- Demonstrates knowledge of strategies and rules of applicable sport.
- Proven ability to advocate the importance of education and school community.
- Successful previous experience as a player or coach.
- Applicable sport coaching experience - preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License - required.
- First Aid/CPR - required.
- MIAA Coaches Certification - preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer The Haverhill Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with Federal regulations prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability.