To plan organize, coordinate and supervise the program in such a way as to produce a team that will be competitive in their classification and conference.
- Assists the athletic director in selection and evaluation of assistant coaches and makes recommendations to the athletic director for assistant coaches.
- Assumes responsibility for checking all practice areas each day and removes hazardous objects from the practice area.
- Develops a positive public relations program in the school and the community.
- Makes recommendations to the athletic director for purchasing football equipment.
- Provides supervision in the locker rooms before and after practice..
- Provides the latest and up-to-date medical procedures for the treatment of athletic injuries.
- The coach will at all times conduct himself in a manner that will set a good example for students to follow on and off the field.
- Assumes responsibility with the athletic director for eligibility of participants and insurance coverage of team members.
- Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate, if applicable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before administrators, staff, parents and students.