The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for the organization and administration of the volleyball program, maintaining a high-quality NAIA athletic program that supports student recruitment and enhances the educational experience and personal growth of the student-athletes. It is an excellent opportunity to mentor and empower players to be their best selves on and off the court and the ability to build up and build upon positive relationships with prospective student-athletes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruits and retains academically and athletically talented students.
- Manages an operational budget including fundraising.
- Partners with the sports information director on public relations opportunities.
- Knowledge of and commitment to all NAIA, AAC, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Involves participation in departmental and campus committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business, science or closely related field.
- Must have at least two (2) years of successful volleyball coaching experience, preferably at the college/university level.
- Prior experience working in a college environment with the ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, students-athletes, and the public.
- Must have a strong commitment to the student-athlete experience.
- Must have knowledge of NAIA regulations.
- Must have the ability to recruit college-level student-athletes.
- Must have previous coaching experience.
- Must be capable and willing to actively plan and participate in fundraising, promotions, and other similar endeavors as they relate to the volleyball program and the entire Athletics Department.
- Must be able to work flexible hours which may include early/late hours, occasional weekends, and the ability to travel.