Position: Head Varsity Girls Volleyball Coach
Georgetown Gateway College Preparatory School
Georgetown Gateway College Prep School seeks a Head Varsity Girls Volleyball Coach.
Gateway College Preparatory School is in UIL 3A District 25. We are a K – 12 public charter school with 1,300 student (375 in the high school) located on a beautiful 40 acre campus in Georgetown, TX (30 miles north or Austin). The varsity team was a bi-district champion last year with most of the starters returning.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide students with rigorous learning activities and experiences in the academic subject and grade assigned to help students develop competencies and skills to be successful in post-secondary education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work collaboratively with other members of campus and district staff to determine instructional goals and objectives and serve the needs of all students.
• Use a variety of instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
• Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
• Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
• Prepares and provides instruction based on accommodations as outlined in the student’s IEP.
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
• Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Report and communicate student progress to parents.
• Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
• Be a positive role model for students.
• Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and handbook.
• Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by principal.
• Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
• Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
• Participates in all continuing professional development and relevant ARD meetings.
• Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records and other documents, as required.
• Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
• Promotes and contributes to campus-wide initiatives including AVID.
• Protects confidentiality of students and their families.
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Support the mission and vision of the campus and district.
• Adheres to policies and procedures of the campus and district.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.