The Women's Club Volleyball Coach is responsible for establishing and maintaining a club volleyball program at the university which includes managing the overall administration of the program adhering to university sports teams regulations, MSMU policy and standards, budget, academic support, scheduling and recruitment of qualified student-athletes. This volleyball program will compete competitively in tournaments locally and nationally and the coach will recruit players from currently enrolled students, secure practice gym space, arrange transportation, conduct practices and monitor risk management. This is a part-time position.
- Instruct and coach players in the rules, regulations, and techniques of the game of volleyball.
- Organize and supervise practices, game play, and game strategy.
- Promote a safe environment and enact the emergency protocol for injuries.
- Actively recruit volleyball players, primarily from currently enrolled students. This includes attending university events such as Open House, Freshman Orientation, etc.
- Model appropriate behavior at all times and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintain equipment inventory, including uniforms.
- Coordinate all logistics for practices and tournaments including transportation, facility rentals, lodging, etc.
- Promotes the volleyball club by communicating with university departments, general student population, and maintaining social media presence.
- Create the schedule for all games, tournaments, and practices.
- Attend all practices and competitions.
- Monitor the academic performance of team members and encourage them to maintain a high academic standard.
- Supervise a student worker as the club manager, along with other club sport coaches
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Maintain accurate budget records.
- Coordinate special events such as end of the year banquet, award night, etc.
- Drive vehicle with players to competitions and practices, as needed.
- Teach one 1-unit PED Volleyball course per year, as needed.
- Knowledge of volleyball rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of collegiate volleyball leagues and competition structures.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience coaching volleyball at the collegiate, high school or club level.
- Awareness of safety precautions and practices as related to volleyball specifically.
- Previous experience in recruiting, marketing, and scheduling is preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.