The Women's Club Volleyball Coach is responsible for establishing and maintaining a club volleyball program at the university which includes managing the overall administration of the program adhering to university sports teams regulations, MSMU policy and standards, budget, academic support, scheduling and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an outcomes-based programming model, centered on the principles of inclusion, empowerment, and personal well-being.
- Instruct and coach players in the rules, regulations, and techniques of the game of volleyball.
- Organize and supervise practices, game play, and game strategy.
- Promote a safe environment and enact the emergency protocol for injuries.
- Actively recruit volleyball players, primarily from currently enrolled students. This includes attending university events such as Open House, Freshman Orientation, etc.
- Model appropriate behavior at all times and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintain equipment inventory, including uniforms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of volleyball rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of collegiate volleyball leagues and competition structures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.