St. Paul Academy and Summit School seeks candidates for the position of Volleyball Girls JV Assistant Coach. This coach will serve as an important part of the skill development of players in the program volleyball program and will be responsible for supporting the vision for the program and will, develop, and nurture our student-athletes in a positive educational based athletic philosophy
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate strong organizational skills, effective communication skills with students, parents, and administration, teach and develop essential volleyball skills, display positive game conduct and develop players’ ability to work together as a team.
- A qualified candidate should have coaching experience at various skill levels in a competitive environment and in a state association like the MSHSL.
- Candidates should support the mission of SPA and be able to contribute to the life of the School outside of the classroom.
- Creating a positive environment that promotes good sportsmanship.
- Work with those involved in the program including the US and MS Athletic Directors.
- Help in the creation and execution of well-organized and structured practices.
- Maintaining accurate records and other required paperwork (rosters, schedules, physicals, match results, records and individual and team accolades).
- Provides effective supervision and evaluation of all players.
- Create a rapport with the greater community, generating interest in the program.
- Be visible in the youth volleyball community.