- Academics: Create and reinforce an environment of academic achievement, expectations, and success that supports and encourages academic progress and graduation. Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Budget and Travel: Manage designated resources within budgeted allocations, according to university and department procedures and in a responsible manner. Comply with all Mountain West Conference and department policies that relate to travel and budget.
- Coaching: Prepare and implement practices and game day coaching strategies. Promote an environment that fosters individual and team development.
- Communications: Maintain an effective channel and level of communication and follow through, emphasizing relationships with sport administrators and support services.
- Compliance: Operate the sport programs with integrity and within the scope and intent of NCAA, conference, department and university regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of collegiate, club and high school volleyball.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak publicly without difficulty.
- Strong commitment to the retention and academic achievement of student-athletes.
- Demonstrated skill in training and instructing collegiate student-athletes.
- Knowledge of current coaching methodology.
- Advanced knowledge in managing intercollegiate sports teams that includes exercising independent discretion and judgement.
- Ability to assist in the management of operational and grant-in-aid budgets.
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws.