To provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures associated with the specific sport and the principles of fair play. Competitive athletic programs will also foster school spirit in a positive manner.
- Teaching certificate preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Instruct players in the fundamentals, the rules of the sport, proper training techniques and safety procedures.
- Assist in designing and supervising all practices and games.
- Assist the Varsity Volleyball Coach in the management of the entire volleyball program.
- Assist in promoting good human relations within student body, parents, faculty, and community.
- Assist in maintaining a high academic standard and assist with academic support for student athletes.
- Assist in pre-season and post-season conditioning programs in conjunction with head coach.
- Any other duties as assigned by the head volleyball coach.
- Assist in promoting high ideals in sportsmanship, appropriate student athlete behavior, a healthy lifestyle, and to serve as a positive role model for the student athletes.