Shady Side Academy is seeking applications for an Assistant Boys Varsity Lacrosse Coach. This position reports to the Boys Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach and directly supervises the student athletes. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the capacity to coach hockey in support of Shady Side Academy's mission, which is to challenge students to think expansively, act ethically and lead responsibly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Shady Side Academy athletic department to plan, organize, implement, and follow upon an extensive athletic program management plan for the Boys Varsity Lacrosse program.
- Coordinate athletic planning, program development and assessment that focus on student-athlete’s performances, personal and leadership development.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition.
- Develop, recommend, and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skills development programs.
- Maintain standards of team behavior and regard for team rules and expectations.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations, and policies of all governing bodies (Shady Side Academy, WPIAL, PIAA).
- Work in coordination with the Director of Athletics, head coach, other coaches, and staff to support and achieve overall goals established by the athletics department.
- Work with other students, faculty, and staff to support the retention of student-athletes and promote teamwork, set high standards, support the academic, personal and leadership development of its students.
Shady Side Academy, as an educational institution and as an employer, does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or gender identity and expression in its programs and activities.