- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience with track and field preferred.
- Ability to work with and relate well to student-athletes.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures.
- Strong personal work ethic and a high level of personal integrity.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching and instruction to student-athletes participating in the program;
- Assist the head coach with administrative duties and program oversight as directed;
- Support the head coach;
- Assist with actively recruiting new student-athletes to the program within Berea College and NCAA Division III guidelines;
- Support the academic progress of all team members;
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and conduct representative of the coaching profession and Berea College Athletics;
- Maintain compliance with rules and regulations of all conference and national athletic affiliations;
- Assist with general facility upkeep and maintenance.
Berea College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.