Serve as an unpaid volunteer assistant coach of the football program, operating under NCAA bylaws. The Volunteer Assistant Coach will work with the head coach to develop a positive, competitive, and energetic experience for student-athletes on the team.
- Assist head coach in various, duties as directed.
- Provide guidance and assistance to student-athletes as required.
- Assist with practice sessions and game competitions, ensuring all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Comply with all rules and regulations as stated in the Coaches Handbook.
- This individual is expected to support and maintain the rules applied by the Head Coach and the Athletic Director.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.