The successful candidate will assist the Head Softball Coach with all aspects of the Manhattan softball program. The successful candidate will work to develop a positive atmosphere for the program both internally and externally to the athletic department and College. Must be committed to assist in managing the program within the guidelines of the NCAA, MAAC and Manhattan College Department of Intercollegiate Athletic policies and procedures and will be expected to work cooperatively with all constituencies and campus units.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Development and implementation of pitching workouts and game strategies.
- Ability to correct pitching mechanics.
- Assist in developing championship teams while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with student athletes, staff, parents, and alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree and collegiate playing experience.
- Strong organizational and planning abilities with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A working knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, NCAA policies and compliance issues.