Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, the Sports Coach Volunteer will provide appropriate coaching, communication, and instruction to ensure the program is delivered in a safe and fun manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Coach and instruct the youth sports team through all aspects of the sport.
- Lead warm-ups, taking roll, and start practices on time.
- Strive to ensure equal playing time and opportunities for each participant.
- Communicate with participants regarding changes to schedule, rain delay, or any team related changes or updates.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and safety of related program equipment.
- Ensure the safety of program participants by demonstrating proper techniques and teaching skills in a progressive manner.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- One to three years experience in specific field or prior teaching experience preferred.