- Work with the Assistant Director and Program Manager to create, implement, and assess the strategic plan for UM Adaptive Sports & Fitness, specifically focusing on wheelchair basketball
- Develop, deliver, and provide learning opportunities for students and the University community
- Support the Assistant Director to identify, establish, and steward donor, sponsorship, and partnership opportunities that support the growth of wheelchair basketball
- Manage relationships with existing partners internally and externally to support the growth of wheelchair basketball (Existing ASF stakeholders include, but are not limited to - Recreational
- Sports, Athletics, Disability Network, National Wheelchair Basketball Association, RGK, Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association)
- Manage the procurement of equipment, apparel, goods, and services for the wheelchair basketball program.
- Work with athletics to support program activities; including managing facility rental agreements for wheelchair basketball
- Coordinate competitions for wheelchair basketball by establishing relationships with other collegiate adaptive sports programs, adaptive sport organizations, and sport governing bodies locally, nationally, and internationally.
- A Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management, or related field.
- At least 2 years experience in coaching basketball or wheelchair basketball.
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and AED or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Ability to attain required certifications by the NWBA to serve as a wheelchair basketball coach.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.