The Assistant Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting with coaching and recruiting, instructing, and coordinating various program related activities. The Assistant Basketball Coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Bay College and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Minimum of three (3) years High School or Collegiate playing or coaching experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the sports program.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of NJCAA regulations and guidelines governing recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to lead and guide student-athletes.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Valid State of Michigan driver’s license.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Prior higher education recruiting experience.