The Women’s Assistant Basketball Coach/SOAR Specialist will assist the Head Coach in all areas including but not limited to, coaching, teaching, training student athletes, the coordination of sports information, and general operation of the athletic department. This position will support students by overseeing study hall sessions, tutoring sessions, and creating leadership workshops for all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the game and rules of basketball and be able to effectively communicate this knowledge to the team.
- Assist with instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of the sport of basketball.
- Assist with determining the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques for the Shelton State Women’s Basketball Team.
- Assist Head Women’s Basketball Coach in all areas of team management, including without limitation, coaching, instructing, scheduling, making travel arrangements, conducting practice, coaching games, and recruiting.
- Assist the Director of Student Success with the daily activities and events in SOAR.
- Create Leadership and Mentorship opportunities for all students.
- Regularly engage in professional learning activities and actively seek information about developing trends and ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Essential knowledge of National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules.
- Minimum of one year college coaching experience.
- Experience managing information.
- Working knowledge of common software applications such as Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings, and holidays.