This position, under the direction of the Head Coach, independently performs and is responsible for (1) assisting the Head Coach in the coordination of a safe, enthusiastic, growing sports program, (2) the recruitment, supervision, and coaching of NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) athletes, under the guidelines of the college, KCAC (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference) and NAIA policies and procedures, and (3) working with all staff to provide a quality program and encourage student athletes in both athletic excellence and good sportsmanship.
- Provide administrative support for the Department of Athletics; and assist with daily tasks for the Department, the Dean of Athletics, and Assistant Athletic Director.
- Take and return phone calls and emails as needed and assigned.
- Assist with the scheduling and coordinating of events as needed and assigned.
- Coordinate the supplies for all printers in the Athletics Complex.
- Complete and communicate game day protocols to all visiting teams prior to arrival.
- Prepare locker rooms for visiting teams and officials.
- Coordinate concessions purchasing, inventory, and sign-up process.
- Assist in the counting and deposit process of concessions money box and gate money box.
- Assist with the scheduling and training of student workers as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from constituents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.