- Act as lead instructor/coach in the absence of the Head Coach.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Participate in recruitment and designation of scholarship athletes with the SFSU values of diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity at the forefront.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and CCAA Conference regulations.
- Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques. May manage a designated skill development area or group of positions (i.e. Pitchers, catchers, point guards, setters, sprinters, etc.)
- Develop, teach and recommend game strategy and position assignments.
- Coordinate with athletic trainers for scheduling of preparation, treatments, and rehabilitation programs for student-athletes
- Coordinate the hiring and assignments of student managers.
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.