- Assist in the preparation and education of student- athletes in the relevant skills, techniques and tactics to perform the sport of women’s basketball. This should include, but not be limited to teaching sportsmanship, leadership, and life skills to educate the whole student-athlete.
- Maintain compliance with all NCAA, Conference and institutional rules and policies relative to the recruitment and eligibility of all freshmen, transfer and continuing student-athletes.
- Assist with academic counseling and tracking for the student-athletes of the women’s basketball program. Serve as the key point of contact for the head basketball coach and/or Academic Coordinator on all academic related matters for women’s basketball student-athletes.
- Coordinate practice scheduling, set up and execution, including all necessary documentation as required by the NCAA.
- Develop and implement an operational budget plan for the women’s basketball program and ensure the program operates within the approved financial and procedural parameters when purchasing goods, arranging meals and scheduling team travel for the women’s basketball program.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience with athletic sports team operations or strong knowledge of intercollegiate athletics required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is desirable.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: prospective students, current students, their families, general public, faculty, administrators and alumni.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership, organization and communication skills.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple takes with changing priorities.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel, Adobe Photoshop and the ability to learn additional programs.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.