Fayetteville Technical Community College is seeking qualified applicants for this part-time position. Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication and computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth. The Women’s Basketball Assistant Coach is a part-time staff position reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics at Fayetteville Technical Community.
- Reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, this position is expected to adhere to the responsibilities of competitive success, the academic success of students, fiscal responsibility, and rules compliance within the parameters set forth by the NJCAA.
- Assist Head Coach to advise student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate athletic rules, regulations, and College policies and ensure compliance of such regulations.
- Assist Head Coach to recruit, advise, and sign student-athletes for team participation.
- Inform student-athletes of academic and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
- Work within budgetary guidelines established by the College.
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competition.
- Attend all team practices and home and away contests.
- Playing/coaching experience at the secondary, post-secondary, or collegiate coaching experience, or combined equivalence.
- A valid driver’s license.
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.