Responsibilities include creating strategies for the team, instructing the players, recruiting, and providing mentorship. Solid knowledge of basketball, winning strategies, and good communication skills to lead to program success.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with orientation of athletes to MCC and the sports program.
- Understand and commit to appropriate and safe athlete conditioning activities. (Conditioning is not to be perceived as disciplinary).
- Knowledge and ability to instruct athletes in fundamental and advanced college-level techniques as appropriate. Excellent teaching ability and an understanding of the different learning styles of students.
- Assist with retention and advancement of players with concentration on academic, athletic and personal growth and success.
- Scout opponents in those sports having this as a normal expectation.
- Assist head coach, students/parents with four year placement activities
- Review all practices, facilities and conditions on a regular basis to reduce liability and potentially negative consequences.
- Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years work experience in sports or recreation administration or related environment.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license/clean driving record.
- Knowledge about college athletics/sports.