- Under guidance of the head coach, develops technical aspects of player coaching.
- Analyzes performance and instructs participants in program strategies and techniques to prepare them for competition.
- Observes players while they perform to determine the need for individual or team improvement and participates in student athlete performance.
- Ensures adherence to all governing rules, university, department, conference, NCAA policies and procedures and NCAA compliance.
- Represents and promotes professional conduct, university good will and high standards at all events and matches and may assist in coaching at competitive events.
- May assist in most practice and conditioning sessions.
- May assist in the recruitment of prospective athletes within the framework of the university, department, conference and current D3 bylaws and manual.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, kinesiology, human performance or equivalent program and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level basketball program.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants, staff, and parents of student athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Leadership skills to mentor and develop student-athletes, assistant coaching or program instruction staff and skills in effective assistant coaching.
- Proven ability to teach specified sport to individuals and the team as a whole. Personal experience with specified sport.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.