Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, planning, leadership skills, attention to detail, flexibility, initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability and commitment to recruit instruct and motivate college student athletes.
- A positive role model for young adults.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to demonstrate the Kishwaukee College Athletics core values of accountability, respect, sportsmanship, academic and athletic excellence.
- Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License and have a good driving record.
- Perform on-court coaching, teaching and instruction.
- Recruit student-athletes to Basketball program.
- Maintain team and individual statistics, report scores to media.
- Schedule sport’s contests.
- Purchase and maintain College equipment.
- Adhere to sport budget, including travel, supply, contractual and printing accounts.
- Travel and drive to all contests.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
- Fundraise monies as needed.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coach(es).
Kishwaukee College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and any reasonable and timely accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be made upon documented request by the employee.