The Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible to supervise, coordinate, and manage all aspects of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program. This includes but is not limited to planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student-athletes and managing the fiscal, academic, and spiritual aspects of the program.
- Directs all student-athletes and assistant coaches in the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program.
- Embraces all aspects of developing, managing and running a basketball program, working independently and cooperatively with all CIU athletics and institutional staff.
- Recruits quality prospective student-athletes that fit the mission and culture of CIU and ensures timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Monitors academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitors and maintains the discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program and the university.
- Plans all coaching and practice sessions in accordance with association regulations, including all preparation of facilities and equipment for practice.
- Ability to teach and coach the game of basketball.
- Understanding of the role and challenges of the student-athlete.
- Ability to successfully motivate a team.
- Ability to work independently in all aspects of recruiting and management of the program.
- Demonstration of Christian leadership and professional demeanor at all times, ability to pray, lead devotions, lead missions’ trips and service projects.
- Ability to utilize current technology and social media as it relates to the communication and promotion of CIU, the athletic department, and the women’s basketball program.
- Ability to work together with other coaches within the Athletic department and with other departments on campus.