The appointee will hold a part time faculty position and will plan, organize, direct, and monitor all activities of the intercollegiate Women’s Basketball program including the recruitment, conditioning and training of the student athletes and is responsible for student athlete behavior/conduct and academic eligibility. The appointee will instruct the class for intercollegiate Women’s Basketball, and may be granted additional teaching assignments as might be available in the off-season or summer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and retain student athletes for each academic year. A minimum of 18 student athletes must be retained at the first class census.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, rules, procedures, and policies for the program as established by the Commission on Athletics, Golden Valley Conference, and Lassen College.
- Train student athletes in conditioning, skill and strategy development.
- Schedule practices and competitions.
- Arrange for travel with team to off-campus competitions; travel with team.
- Drive the team van for off-campus practices and competitions.
- Work closely with Basketball coaches from District area schools to develop rapport and enhance recruitment of student athletes.
- Meet assigned classes as scheduled, teach to course outlines and maintain accurate attendance records.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in recruiting student-athletes.
- Awareness of various learning styles.
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct.