The University of Arizona seeks a Director, Women’s Basketball Operations for administration of the women’s basketball program, including all aspects of team travel and equipment liaison activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer of the day-to-day operations of the Women’s Basketball Program.
- Coordinate all aspects of team travel and Head Coaches travel. Candidate will have to travel with team.
- Create and maintain all necessary business office documents related to team travel and recruiting, including submitting forms for reimbursement and payments.
- Assist the Head Coach and Assistant Coaches with coordinating recruiting and reimbursements for recruiting.
- Plan and organize Arizona’s and visiting team’s practices.
- Works directly with academics and compliance ensuring NCAA compliance.
- Serve as primary contact with various internal constituents, such as event management, public relations, marketing, sports information, Wildcat Club and others, working in cooperation with their efforts in conjunction with women’s basketball program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Skill in developing and maintain good working relationships.
- Skill in use of personal computer/software (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Paciolan, Lynx).
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.