The High Point University Club Sports Program is a program that provides opportunities for all students at the university, in an environment that fosters a love of sports and supports athlete development. Students competing with the HPU Club Sports program compete successfully in local, state and national events. The HPU Club Coach shall report to the Assistant Athletic Director and be ultimately responsible to the Athletic Director.
- Instructs student-athletes, improving skill, sport performance and leadership.
- Evaluates, recruits and recommends prospective student-athletes.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes.
- Participates in analysis of past performance, opponent’s performance, designing game plans/strategies, etc.
- Supervises travel arrangements for team, including housing and transportation.
- Maintains positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating effectively with students, students’ parents, faculty, co-workers and managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the technical knowledge of Basketball.
- Capability to instruct student-athletes and increase their athletic performance.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Basketball rules.