This position will be responsible for the guidance and development of student athletes that take part in women's club ice hockey. The candidate will attend scheduled practices and matches, advise students on skills and strategies in which they are familiar, and act as a key link in Campus Recreations risk management plan.
- Arriving on time and prepared to instruct hockey.
- Provide mentorship, and teach skills to students.
- Attend all club practices/competitions.
- Review all drafts of team injury forms.
- Be aware and of help to implement program goals, guidelines.
- Help maintain a culture of professionalism, inclusion and sporting conduct.
- Meet annually with Club Sport administration to discuss team progress.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- The candidate should have experience coaching hockey, or leading groups involved in this activity.
- An Associate’s Degree or higher is encouraged but not required.
- Experience with varsity or recreational programming a plus.