The Women’s Club Volleyball Coach is responsible for instructing and educating the women’s volleyball team on the game of volleyball as well as encouraging sportsmanship, teamwork, and time management. The coach is responsible for representing Washtenaw Community College positively at all times and providing a positive experience for all athletes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct scheduled tryout sessions and plan for and conduct practice sessions.
- Attend, arrive on time, and actively coach all tryout and practice sessions as well as competitions.
- Maintain knowledge of game, rules, and skills necessary for the sport.
- Advise team in sports rules, game strategies, and performance principles.
- Focus on the improvement of players and the team as a whole while keeping participation enjoyable.
- Determine the game line up and make changes as needed.
- Instruct and facilitate pre- and post-game procedures as well as take care of and communicate any abrupt situations/issues.
- Hold yourself and your players to high standards of sportsmanlike conduct, and communicate professionally with officials and opposing teams.
- Ensure players conduct themselves in accordance with WCC students’ rights and responsibilities and abide by the Club Sports Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years coaching experience or significant playing experience preferred.
- Availability to commit to the entire schedule.
- Knowledge of rules and skills of particular sport.
- Willingness to place emphasis on the studies first and athletics second.
- Satisfactory driver’s record review.
- Satisfactory background check.