The Athletic Department sponsors 21 sports at the Division I NCAA level. All sports compete in the Big West Conference except Football (Big Sky Conference), Wrestling (PAC-12),and Men's & Women’s Swimming & Diving (MPSF). Cal Poly Athletics is committed to providing a broad based, high quality, competitive, NCAA Division I athletic program that affords student-athletes opportunities to take advantage of Cal Poly's unique "learn by doing" philosophy.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 years of collegiate coaching experience.
- A thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with the rules, regulations and policies of NCAA and Big West Conference.
- Understanding and commitment to academic and athletic excellence.
- Experience recruiting student-athletes and fundraising for various athletic programs.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to student-centered learning and teaching, as well as the ability to collaboratively work in multidisciplinary settings is required.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in working with diverse populations and fostering a collaborative, supportive and inclusive environment.
- Preference will also be given to those with relevant work experience and those who bring professional capabilities.