Responsible for all aspects of the Central Arizona College NJCAA Division I including recruiting and supervision of student-athletes, coordinating, and supervising practices, coordinating, and facilitating fundraising activities, overseeing travel, budget and the overall daily operations of the sports program. Serve as Athletic Specialist for Sports and Fitness and/or Athletic Division.
- Work within the Central Arizona College Athletic Department to develop and maintain a successful athletic program.
- Monitor and administer the budget for the specific sport including fundraising efforts, scholarships, inventory and ordering of equipment/uniforms, and team travel. Coordinate team travel arrangements such as hotel reservations, booking transportation, organizing team meals, and completing expense reports.
- Responsible for participating in fundraising, public relation events and community initiatives.
- Supervision of assistant coaches and staff, and be committed to their development as Central Arizona College employees.
- Coordinate the recruitment, enrollment, and educational effort of the student-athletes on the team. Responsible for the recruitment of qualified student-athletes consistent with the competitive requirement of our programs and the academic standards of the NJCAA and Central Arizona College.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of sport specific coaching, specifically at the collegiate level.
- Ability to apply a variety of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Detailed knowledge, understanding, and ability to apply NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to design, implement, and sustain athlete recruitment initiatives and restrictions.
- Knowledge and skill in managing project and departmental budgets. Ability to estimate materials, equipment, land and labor costs, and develop and maintain budgets.