- Supports student-athlete academic success by ensuring students are meeting the College’s academic progress expectations and providing and enforcing appropriate interventions when there are signs of deficiency.
- Establishes a recruitment plan that fields a team for the entire academic year, securing in-state student-athletes in accordance with the mission of the College and vision for athletics.
- Maintains positive relationships with Delaware high school coaches to recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Designs and implements a long-term strategic vision and plan to directs the athletic team, assigning positions, preparing players for athletic competition, developing and implementing strategies to improve performance, and determining game strategy. Continuously evaluates and adjusts plan as changes occur and players develop.
- Models and encourages leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive citizenship.
- Verifies athlete eligibility prior to competition. Coordinates with the athletic director to ensure eligibility across multiple semesters.
- Assesses scholarship eligibility and awards scholarships according to the athletic scholarship guidelines, coordinates letter of intent completion, and provides input to strengthen scholarship awarding process.
- Serves as the primary lead to schedule games, events, and transportation of players to games.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of rules, strategies, and techniques of the applicable sport.
- Knowledge of methods of physical conditioning.
- Knowledge of any divisional regulations pertaining to the sport.
- Knowledge of College, rules and regulations governing sports schedules and activities within and outside of College.
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, and supplies required to provide facilities suitable for the applicable sport.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct a sports program/athletic team.