The Head Coach is responsible for the supervision, planning, and organization of all practices, execution of in-game leadership and strategy, as well as providing mentorship of student-athletes. The Head Coach is expected to travel to all home and away competitions. This position will work closely with the team’s Executive Board members and Recreation & Wellness personnel. This position is part-time with an annual stipend of $10,000, with transportation and lodging for away events provided by the team.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum of 2 years of coaching experience at high school level.
- Experience coaching or competing at collegiate or semi-professional level.
- Strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to put together comprehensive skill development plan and run a proper practice.
- Proper organizational skills.
- Plan, develop, and facilitate practices and training.
- Provide in-game strategy and leadership to the team during competitions.
- Work with club’s E-board to coordinate all competitions with opposing institutions and organizations.
- Serve as an advisor to help organize team’s budget/expenses, ensuring sound accounting practices.
- Effectively communicate with conference, opposing schools, GVSU Recreation & Wellness staff, and the club’s student-athletes and E-board.
- Oversee the hiring and supervision of all assistant/volunteer coaches (if any).