The University of Michigan-Dearborn (UM-Dearborn) invites applications for the position of Women's Ice Hockey Head Coach. (Non-benefit eligible appointment; annually renewed).
- Comply with rules and regulations within the ACHA, CCWHA, and University of Michigan- Dearborn.
- Oversee the planning, organizing, directing, and implementing of all phases of an ACHA and CCWHA women's ice hockey program.
- Direct all recruiting efforts of prospective student-athletes in regards to evaluations, official and unofficial visits, and high school or transfer student-athlete progress.
- Oversee all aspects of game preparation including practice and scouting reports.
- Organize pre-season, in-season, and post-season preparation and coaching.
- On-ice head coach at games and practices including designing, organizing, and directing.
- Schedule practices and games and arrange transportation and lodging for away competitions.
- A bachelor's degree or a combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the requisite knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Must have strong organizational skills, with the capacity to establish priorities, manage multiple demands and projects, and meet deadlines.
- A strong customer service orientation and attention to detail, along with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications, and presentation skills.
- The successful applicant must be a self-starter, with the ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in making decisions and resolving problems. Must work effectively, independently and cooperatively with students, staff, faculty, and other internal and external constituents.