Reporting to the Head Coach, the position is responsible for performing assistant coaching duties and assisting the Head Coach in skills instruction in the sport program in adherence to the policies, rules, and regulations of the University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC).
- Serves as an assistant coach for the program; assists in coaching during athletic events; coaches scheduled practice and workout sessions; assists in the development of practice and game plans; coaches team members, individually and in groups; demonstrates game techniques; performs film review, analysis, and exchange; performs other assistant coaching duties as assigned.
- Recruits academically and athletically qualified student-athletes to meet the University's admission standards and enrollment goals.
- Ensures compliance with University, NCAA, and SCIAC obligations; maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable University, NCAA, and SCIAC rules and regulations; briefs student-athletes and monitors adherence to rules and regulations.
- Assists with California Lutheran University's sports camps, including (but not limited to) coaching and coordinating.
- Provides general counsel, guidance, and inspiration to students regarding their overall success; promotes good sportsmanship.
- Division III coaching experience in the sport preferably with a working knowledge of NCAA rules compliance.
- A proven ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes.
- Commitment to the values, standards, and expectations of NCAA Division III athletics and a liberal arts university.
- Valid California drivers license.
Ability to obtain a Class B endorsed CDL License, insurance coverage (if driving own vehicle) or be insurable.
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law.