The University of Mount Union is seeking an assistant women’s Lacrosse coach. This 10-month part-time position will be responsible for assisting the head coach in all aspects of the NCAA Division III collegiate varsity program. Must have a clear understanding of NCAA Division III rules and philosophy, a commitment to recruiting, developing and graduating quality student-athletes.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Manage, coordinate, and develop all aspects of a successful women’s Lacrosse program including but not limited to: Recruiting and retaining student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, OAC and institutional rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Organizing, preparing and executing effective training and game plan strategies.
- Assist in managing successful daily operations of the women’s soccer program: budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements, and game day organization.
- Monitoring student-athletes academic progress.
- Working with goalkeepers is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Coaching and/or relevant competitive experience preferred.
- Ability to identify and recruit student-athletes High motivation with a capacity fo
- r independent work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment. Ability to successfully impart knowledge and motivate learning in student athletes.
- Strong ethical character, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Sport specific knowledge.
- Proficient with technology applications applicable to the position.
- Certified in or ability to be certified in CPR/AED Commitment to diversity.